Trios - no impressions!!!
BACKUP PLANS: What if Invisalign is your treatment of choice, is deemed appropriate, treatment is started, but then treatment does not seem to be finishing as nicely as expected? The possibility that Invisalign treatment may have some limitations is discussed before anyone starts treatment, however; at our office, if treatment goals are not able to be completed with Invisalign alone, we offer other options such as finishing with regular retainers or with braces for a short period of time. What happens if you doctor can't offer you anything but Invisalign? That's a good question to ask before starting Invisalign treatment at an office where orthodontic options are limited to only Invisalign.
REALISTIC TREATMENT GOALS AND APPROPRIATE TREATMENT OPTIONS: The fact is that sometimes treatment goals cannot be achieved with Invisalign alone. You want to be at an office where the doctor does not try to do more than is appropriate with Invisalign. Some treatments are more appropriately addressed with other types of orthodontic options such as braces. At our office, we do more than just Invisalign, so we can offer options besides Invisalign. In other words, we will talk to you about realistic treatment expectations from Invisalign versus other treatments, all of which we can provide. We avoid the potential conflict of interest that may be present at offices whose orthodontic treatment options are limited to Invisalign or no treatment. Invisalign is a wonderful method by which to have orthodontic treatment, but it is very important that we make sure that it is appropriate for you.
Before & AFter early Treatment
Damon System/Damon Smile
Insignia Custom Smile
see what orthodontic treatment is right for you
Before & AFter full Treatment
Invisalign is a unique system to move teeth and improve smiles without braces. Treatment times with Invisalign will vary significantly depending on the changes to be made. Treatment will typically last longer for more significant changes. It is possible that other methods of treatment may be more appropriate if too much movement or particular types of movement are necessary. We will be honest with you about the chances of success with Invisalign. Invisalign costs less than braces at our office because we cannot do as much with Invisalign, and Invisalign does not require us to do as much work.
Our role in your decision about Invisalign: Every process has a chance of success and a chance of failure. We feel that it is better for us to provide you with an honest assessment rather than give you inappropriate expectations with regard to any treatment method. Our role as health care providers is not to "sell" our patients on treatment. It is disappointing that some health care providers find it necessary to solicit patients who were told that they were not "candidates" for Invisalign treatment with promises of successful outcomes at their offices.
Our feeling is that many patients can be "treated" with Invisalign, but not everyone can be "treated well" with Invisalign. It is important to match desired outcomes with the proper treatment methods. Sometimes, Invisalign is a wonderful choice.... other times, different methods might be more appropriate.
Is Invisalign a good choice for you? Check out the Invisalign site to see what this treatment can do for you.
1. FIRST VISIT: Call us for an initial examination at 269-963-4118. At your initial examination, we will determine if your orthodontic treatment can be appropriately treated with Invisalign.
2. RECORDS: After it has been determined that your treatment can be appropriately performed with Invisalign, we will need to take orthodontic records. Orthodontic records typically involve a set of photographs, x-rays, and impressions. There is a special impression that is taken for Invisalign treatment which is submitted to the the Invisalign laboratory.
3. COORINDATED LAB WORK WITH INIVISALIGN: Once Invisalign receives a copy of your records and impression from our office, they create a three dimensional computerized model of your teeth from the impressions. Your Invisalign treatment is coordinated with our office based on that three dimensional computerized model. Once the treatment goals and outcomes have been confirmed as acceptable by our office, Invisalign makes your "aligners" and mails them to us The "aligners" are the sequential clear retainers that you wear to move your teeth (instead of braces).
4. START OF TREATMENT: Once we receive your "aligners" from Invisalign, you will come in for an appointment to start your treatment. We will give you your aligners in sets of two, three, or four at a time depending on your treatment. Each aligner will be worn for about two weeks each in sequence until all have been worn, so your appointments are about once a month or once every other month. We do our best to work with your schedule to make it easy for you to have appointments. The number of aligners depends upon the treatment goals and how much movement is necessary.
5. FINISHING TOUCHES: After you have worn all of your "aligners", we may take another set of impressions, resubmit to Invisalign, and coordinate for a "revision" or fine tuning of your treatment results where we receive a few more "aligners".
6. HOLD THE RESULTS: After your Invisalign treatment, we will help you preserve your treatment results with a set of retainers and follow up with you to make sure that your smile is lasting.
269-963-4118 4602 Beckley Road, Battle Creek, MI 49015
269-273-9595 111 E Kelsey St, Three Rivers, MI 49093
269-544-1222 950 N 10th St, Kalamazoo, MI 49009